Are you passionate about food, economics and the global supply chains that tie the two together?
The Foodbuy sourcing team is leading the way in world class Sourcing strategy and is now turning its attention to the realms of cost modelling, commodity management and supplier economics within the hospitality sector, across a number of core food categories.
The purpose of the Supplier Economics Associate is to be at the forefront of all sourcing strategies and category decision making. You will support the Foodbuy procurement framework across all steps, adding value through your technical understanding of commodity markets and their core influencers.
You will be operating in a fast paced environment, across a multitude of food categories. The insight you bring will be integral and paramount to signing of projects of up to £100m in COGs.
- Utilising commodity and cost model analysis to support supplier cost negotiations and to assist in target pricing creation. Participate in the development of forecasted sourcing projects and go to market decisions. Help prioritise sourcing initiatives based on market expertise.
- Developing cost models for core food categories
- Data analytics- analyse spend by category/commodity to draw out key trends, risks and technical insight
- Research and monitor commodity markets and macro trends
- Presenting findings to internal and external teams, explaining the merits of working on cost models
- Utilising technical skills to improve and automate commodity reporting
- Mentoring commodity champions
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Maths or Finance,
- Engineering desirable but not essential
- Experience managing commodities
- CIPS desirable
- High personal credibility and ethics
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of market economics, cost drivers, value chains etc. (ideally within the food industry)
- Effective negotiation, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus
- Strong strategic and analytic approach to procurement with knowledge of Strategic sourcing principles and practice
- Broad knowledge of the principles of contract writing
- Team-orientated leadership dedicated to continuous improvement, maximising productivity and effectiveness in the organisation, and promoting best practices
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 based on experience
Monday to Friday
Bonus up to 15%
25 days holidays
Company pension scheme