Are you a qualified finance professional with strong stakeholder management skills and a continuous improvement approach?
Here at Compass Group we are currently on the lookout for a Finance Business Partner to build strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders within Foodbuy. The role is Chertsey based but may require adhoc travel to our Parklands office. The core responsibility of this Finance Business Partner role is to provide robust financial evaluation, challenge and support whilst maintaining control and integrity of the cost and purchasing income for the category.
- Providing financial input to all stages of the sourcing cycle
- Being a ‘critical friend’ to the Category Development and Sourcing Teams: challenging how and why opportunities are commercially evaluated
- Managing financial risk for supplier contracts, through attention to detail, legal and financial review
- Input to the annual budget and forecast process and ensure robust and challenging targets are set, including monitoring and analysis of performance and recommendation of actions to maintain target
- To work closely with the Income and Control Team to ensure:
- purchasing income deals are accurately set-up in the relevant systems
- supplier invoicing and rebate collection is completed consistent with the terms contained within the supplier contracts
- accurate and timely delivery of purchasing income into the P&L accounts
- balance sheet is controlled effectively
- Manage and make recommendations to optimise working capital
- Understand and provide explanation of the impacts to Purchasing Income to Clients
- Operate with Category Development Leads in a MD-FD relationship.
- Continuously review processes and make changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the wider Foodbuy team
- Ensure Compass Group financial policy and procedures are followed with particular emphasis on the recognition and accounting for purchasing income
- Identifying opportunities for analysis and effectively using the analysis to drive financial performance and operational efficiency
- Accountancy Qualified: ACA, ACCA, CIMA , or equivalent
- Business process re-engineering experience.
- Experience of delivering proactive, relevant and insightful business decision support
- High numeric and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Leadership qualities that enables them to create an environment of motivation/inspiration for others to achieve their highest potential
- Ability to quickly earn respect and make others want to follow without relying on formal authority
- Facilitates consensus as well as action; resolves conflict; overcomes resistance
- Demonstrates high integrity through open and honest business dealings inside and outside the Company
- A team player comfortable working across a diverse organisation and different cultures
- Demonstrates the credibility and gravitas to operate comfortably at leadership level
Up to £55,000 dependant on experience
Fantastic opportunity with lots of progression and development