Are you an ambitious Buyer or procurement professional driven to develop a career within a FTSE 100 organisation? If so, we have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our Foodbuy business here in Chertsey! This is an opportunity to join a successful team who provide the very best products to complement our award winning service and delivery.
As a Category Buyer in the Indirects team, you will manage and develop a diverse range of service spend categories including but not limited to, Fleet, Travel, Merchant Services, Marketing, Print, Expense, Professional and Legal Services. You will support the Category Development Manager in developing strategies which drive the revenue and profit performance of Compass Group UK & Ireland and Foodbuy clients. Your core responsibilities include:
- Engaging and supporting a wide range of stakeholders to execute the best category development process
- Building analysis to optimise buying power across all markets
- Building insight for negotiations and market knowledge
- Manage and improve the existing supply chain through driving efficiencies, introducing innovative solutions and negotiation
- Manage the impact of cost pressures such as margin dilution, inflation and commodity movements within category
- Conduct negotiations, evaluations & select suppliers based on sector requirements
- Continually strive to seek out opportunities to improve the overall profitability of the business by leveraging market
- Conducting industry analysis to support business stakeholders with commercial understanding of the market place
To be right for us, you will have previous experience within Procurement or as a Buyer, ideally within a service based category. You will be committed to achieving the highest levels of commercial success individually and for the team with the ability to influence, engage and communicate at all levels. You will have experience in the following areas:
- Able to prioritise multiple demands and operate at pace in an entrepreneurial environment
- Possess a good understanding of the principles of procurement and category management
- Experience building strong relationships with internal customers with a collaborative approach
- Ability to work cross functionally with colleagues across the business
- Though not essential, CIPS professional qualifications would be an advantage
Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
Fantastic package including pension and healthcare scheme
Exciting opportunity with lots of development and progression
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu