Are you an experienced and customer orientated Buyer or Procurement professional, driven to develop a career within a FTSE 100 organisation? Do you have experience or knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 (PCR15)? If so, we have 2 brilliant opportunities for you to join our team in Chertsey as a Strategic Sourcing Buyer to support our contract with the Department of Health!
As a Strategic Sourcing Buyer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Engage and support a wide range of stakeholders and execute best sourcing procurement process in accordance with the OJEU framework.
- You will contribute to the team’s continued success by building sourcing analysis that enables Foodbuy to optimise its buying power across all markets,
- Maximise the value of every £ of Compass UK’s 3rd Party spend by supporting the build of sourcing strategies that meet the business needs defined by The Category Development and Business Support teams and 3rd party clients
- Conduct industry analysis to support business stakeholders with commercial understanding of the market
- Ensure a safe supply chain for our employees, clients and consumers
- Execute best sourcing procurement process e.g. Traditional RFQ/RFP/RFI, on line Auction, Collaborative sourcing, multi-event negotiations, etc. Use e-tendering including E Reverse Auctions to ensure best market value
This is an opportunity to join a successful team who provide the very best products to complement our award winning service and delivery.
To be right for us, you will be an experienced Buyer who has delivered savings and has the ability to deliver a sourcing strategy. You will be a highly commercial and results driven individual with strong analytical skills and a commitment to achieving the highest levels of commercial success individually and for the team.
Ideally though not essentially, you will have an understanding of public sector contract regulations with knowledge of the OJEU requirements.
In this role, you will be delivering against multiple project plans, therefore you must be able to prioritise multiple demands with a proven ability to operate at pace in an entrepreneurial environment. You will be able to build strong relationships with internal customers and have a collaborative approach with the ability to work cross functionally with colleagues across the business.
Though not essential, CIPS professional qualifications or previous experience of E- auctioning or E-tendering would be an advantage.
Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
An exciting opportunity with lots of development and progression, working withing our Department of Health contract
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu