Are you an ambitious and commercially focused Business Development Manager or Sales professional with a proven track record of selling contracted catering services to the schools market? If so, our Chartwells business has a brilliant opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join us in building and managing new business across a key area.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Schools and MATs in the UK with an offer based around three key elements, focusing on enhancing the food offer, enriching the environment and developing the service.
Covering a territory which spans the south of England, you will be part of a highly successful team which consistently wins hundreds of new contracts through bidding excellence with the buy in of the entire operational and senior management team.
As our Business Development Manager your responsibility is to manage the bidding process, closing multiple tenders and new business proposals to achieve an annual sales target. Processing enquiries and proposals and providing best value options. This role is 100% new business so excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills are a must and a proven record in developing and delivering winning financial proposals.
- Achieve sales targets , both ARO and PBIT.
- Development and delivery of a sales strategy that maximises sales and profitability.
- Develop successful client relationships that lead to winning bids for tender.
- Develop business in new markets and be able to recognise and act on growth opportunity.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of all company marketing initiatives via events and conferencing.
- Develop strong working relationships internally and externally with both key senior stakeholders and education professionals.
- Participate in local/national networking/sales initiatives and relevant site visits.
- Be acutely aware of competitor activities and industry trends.
The Ideal Candidate
To be right for us, you will have proven Sales experience in this market place and a passion for sales and new business development. You will have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Be target focused and have commercial acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to inspire trust with both clients and colleagues.
- Passionate about outsourced catering and the education sector with extensive knowledge of the industry.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude
- Creative in thinking and approach, forward thinking to anticipate future trends
- Able to multi-task and work to deadlines
Salary : Competitive.
Commission and bonus structure
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.