We have a fabulous new role for an energetic and enthusiastic graduate to act as our Food and Development Graduate across our East Sussex (primary and secondary schools) contract. You will be our culinary lead and pivotal in supporting to develop and maintain our brand and standards across the contract and will support our Nutritionists deliver our bespoke "Putting Fun into Food" student engagement programmes and workshops.
These roles will start ahead of the new academic year (September 2019)
- To ensure that our operating standards being maintained and delivered across the contract by working in partnership with our kitchen staff and the Area Manager
- Regular travel required across up to 20 primary schools a term in the East Sussex area.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the school, ensuring clients experience and value the additional support Chartwells delivers to a contract (food, nutrition and curriculum engagement).
- Deliver the Putting Fun into Food activities through supporting our nutritionists across the East Sussex contract with workshops for primary school students
- Culinary lead for East Sussex in menu development, hospitality offer and food innovation
- Work with the central team to ensure that the East Sussex contract remain ahead of competitors in delivery of cooking and nutrition education
- Deliver activities that enhance the nutrition and curriculum support we deliver to the East Sussex contracts such as events to showcase our offering to parents and children
- Link all "Putting Fun into Food" activities to driving school meal uptake.
- Ideally you will have experience working in the in the catering industry and have a good understanding of food
- 2:2 Degree or above (obtained within the last 2 years)
- An engaging personality
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to interact with people of a wide variety of ages and personalities
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self-motivated
- Willing to travel around the East Sussex contract
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage a busy diary independently
- A current driving license is essential for this role due to the travel
All applicants must have right to work in the UK
In addition to wealth of experience and skills that you will gain across multiple aspect of our FTSE 100 Company, you can expect:
- A competitive salary of £23k
- Continuous learning both on the job and course based
- Dedicated inspirational mentor
- Ongoing program support from our central team
- A kick-start for your future career in Compass Group UK & Ireland
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.