Compass Group UK & Ireland is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate Nutritionist to join their education sector, Chartwells. It is essential the successful candidate has a full and clean UK driving license.
The Nutritionist will be dedicated to the East Sussex contract with some expansion into wider regions where necessary. Reporting into the Senior Nutritionist for the South, with dotted line management to the East Sussex Contract Regional Manager, this role is essential in increasing the uptake of the service we provide to the schools. The nutritionist will be responsible for following existing Chartwells nutrition programmes however will also bring their own ideas and initiative to drive the uptake of meals by focusing on engaging with schools, pupils, parents and public health teams. The candidate will also be responsible for the management of menu compliance to government legislation and supporting the special diet process.
The Nutritionist will be responsible for engaging closely with schools, parents and pupils to educate them around healthy eating and the benefits of school meals to support the key objective to maximise uptake (UIFSM and beyond). Working in partnership with other nutritionists, the candidate will be responsible for encouraging and monitoring the delivery of nutrition education added value initiatives. The person will also spend time in schools educating pupils on the importance of health and wellbeing.
At a more strategic level, the nutritionist will work with the Senior Nutritionist to get involved in other projects including partnerships with East Sussex Public Health.
- BSc degree in Nutrition or equivalent (accredited with the AfN preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of nutrition and experience working with public health
- Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations
- Confident in communicating with key external stakeholders including Public Health Teams and key clients
- Must have the ability to work strategically and ensure decisions made will benefit the East Sussex contract as well as the Chartwells business
- Numeric and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self motivated
- Willing to travel around the country and be away from home at times
- A passion for keeping up to date with research and national health events
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage a busy diary independently
In addition to wealth of experience and skills that you will gain, you can expect:
- A competitive salary of £23k
- Continuous learning both on the job and course based
- Dedicated inspirational mentor
- Ongoing program support from our central team
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.