Are you a passionate and driven Marketing graduate or similar? Are you looking to secure your first communications role working for a FTSE 100 business? We may have the perfect opportunity.
Here at Chartwells, part of the Compass Group we have a unique opportunity for a communications specialist to join on site at Middlesex University and oversee, deliver and continuously improve all communications across the university whilst working with the Central Communications team.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Working directly with the Central Marketing Team you will oversee the execution of a relevant tailored contract marketing plan for both venues and catering that drives positive student/consumer engagement, sales and profit through the management of the experience for the students, staff and guests. You will engage directly with customers and use a range of social media and all digital comms channels. Key performance indicators will be built around sales and profit growth, average transaction value, participation on campus, customer satisfaction and experience.
For you to be right for us and for us to be right for you, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold a Marketing or Communications based degree or similar.
- Be an excellent communicator and willing to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Be comfortable working across different social media channels and be interested in the trends that shape content and collaboration on these channels and able to produce marketing collateral when required.
- Commercially focussed with ability to measure impact and results
- Be comfortable working under pressure, handling multiple tasks and prioritising as needed.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills with high standards of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Be a self-starter, highly organised and comfortable working both autonomously and within teams.
- Be a person who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience of using Adobe would be beneficial.
Plus company benefits
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.