- You will lead the team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff.
- You will have passion, energy, focus and determination. Someone that naturally enjoys exceeding expectations and takes pride in everything that you do.
- You will enjoy interacting with children and understand their age specific food requirements
- Lead and support company/school initiative that can help further enhance our food offer and service working alongside the Regional Manager
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Working closely with the Bursar and senior management team at the school, you will develop a clear communication process. That builds a solid relationship and partnership between the school and Chartwells Independent.
- Manage a team of 12 to catering for the prep school, c250 meals and a further 250 - 300 at the Secondary school
- Manage and support the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service “do as I do manager and lead by example”
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements – HSE
- Effective control of budgets and costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about food and catering service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader and very much a people person, with bags of enthusiasm and drive
- Management experience within a similar environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience of management of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
- Salary Up to £40k dependant on experience
- 40 Hours per week – working 5 over 7 (mainly Monday - Friday)
- Working 52 weeks per year
- Opportunity to opt into company pension scheme
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food delivered with real passion and exceptional service.
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with superior customer service. Our teams use fresh seasonal produce creating authentic, vibrant dishes that young people in our schools look forward too and enjoy. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.