Sous Chef - Rugby
Term Time - 48 weeks
Salary - £11.12 per hour + Overtime
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
- To supervise the preparation and cooking of sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
- To ensure all food sent out is correctly garnished
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork reproduction and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc.
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service
- Carry out accurate weekly stock takes
- To assist in the planning of menus ensuring that they achieve and maintain the budgeted food costs
- To make sure that you and your team meet all legal and company requirements for fire, health, safety and hygiene
- To look out for any problems or potential problems with safety or hygiene and report them to the Executive Chef
- All statutory, local authority of company policies and procedures are adhered to
- All records are completed to the company standard
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Chef
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- The skills to produce great food
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Team player
- A 'Can-do' attitude
- It is preferable that this person is qualified to NVQ level 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.