Hospitality Head Chef – Ipswich
Up to £30,000
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff. You will be a key part of a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Hospitality Head Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious Independent School based in the heart of Suffolk.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of functions and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Innovative and creative individual
- Experience in Michelin / Rosette environment
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.