EXECUTIVE CHEF - UP TO £38,000
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY - HIGH PROFILE, FLAGSHIP CONTRACT, SOUTH EAST LONDON
We are looking for a talented and experienced Executive Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious education contract based in South East London.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports the high quality education at this university by providing outstanding food and service to the students and staff.
You will be leading a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using the finest fresh locally sourced ingredients.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager to make this site the Centre of Excellence within Chartwells.
The executive chef will be an ambassador for Chartwells and the University for all things food related, we strive to innovate our food offer and keep abreast of current food trends remaining competitive with any High Street food offer in terms of Food quality, presentation and style.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Executive chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that students look forward to and really enjoy.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- The Executive Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering student and staff feeding along with an extensive range of functions and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- The Executive Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Proven experience in a role as Executive Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.