A unique opportunity for a driven people manager to join a leading Independent school as a Catering Duty Manager!
Are you currently a catering supervisor or retail manager looking for a fresh challenge? Here at Chartwells we are recruiting for our Christs Hospital school. A beautiful independent school situated in Horsham..
This could be the ideal role for someone to develop and grow into a m
ore senior management position within a unique and diverse site.
As a talented and driven Duty Manager you will:
- Act as part of a wider front of house team you will be integral in overseeing operational excellence and driving standards and efficiencies.
- You will support high quality education at this school by managing the day to day operations associated with the hospitality offer, providing inspirational leadership to the team ensuring exceptional customer service across a busy site serving both pupils and staff alike!
- You will be a real people person with passion, energy, focus and determination. Someone that naturally enjoys exceeding expectations and takes pride in everything that you do.
- You will enjoy interacting with pupils and understand their age specific food requirements
- Lead and support company/school initiative that can help further enhance our food offer and service
- Support the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service “do as I do manager and lead by example”
- Assist in the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements – HSE
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Build excellent relations with both pupils and the client
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about food and catering service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader and very much a people person, with bags of enthusiasm and drive
- Management experience within a similar environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience at supervisory of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join Compass pension scheme
- Accomodation available on site
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.