Are you a Bid Writer, sales professional or content developer looking for a fresh challenge working for a FTSE 100 business? If so, here at Compass we have a unique opportunity to become a key part of the sales and retention team where you will be accountable for the creation and production of sales collateral and the go to market offer for our Education sector, Chartwells. The team work nationally, so the role can be based either in Birmingham or our Uxbridge office and you will be managing high value bids, proposals and presentations across the Chartwells business.
• To lead the development of bid responses, including bid structure, content and responses to questions and ensure they are submitted as per tender processes and deadlines
• To work under deadlines, quickly and effectively
• To effectively liaise with all stakeholders to collate required information and translate that into a cohesive response
• To develop and manage a network of subject matter experts and bring them in as required
• Attending tender and proposal briefings, liaising with operations to develop compelling and relevant collateral
• Participate in review meetings / final document review and content sign off.
• Professionally structure answers to maximise ease of reading and award of marks by the evaluator
• Clarity of win themes and client requirements
• Quantifiable evidence that can be referenced to support our proposed solution
• Consistency across multiple answers, in terms of language and message
• Best practice writing techniques are deployed and proofread and edit responses
• Develop content for the knowledge library
• Operate at all times with the highest level of integrity
• Conduct all activities in compliance with company policies and standards.
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Production of costing information to help bidding and pricing decision making
• Strong computer literacy and presentation skills; e.g. proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Indesign
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Ability to work individually, and as part of a team
• An eye for detail, and a thorough and methodical approach
Up to £40k dependent on experience
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.